How do I add the BEAM Lite app to my phone?
The BEAM Lite app is installed from your browser.
On Android phones, a pop-up will ask if you want Beam Lite to be added to your Home screen.
This allows you to view any pages that you’ve already visited even when you aren’t connected to the internet.
You will also receive notifications on your selected topics of interest e.g. “Organics”.
If you use an iPhone and do not see the pop-up, just tap the “Share” icon at the bottom of your screen (the square with an up arrow). Then tap “Add to Home Screen”, tap “Add” in the top-right corner to add the icon to your home screen.
If you ignore the pop-up on your Android phone we won’t bug you again.
If you decide you do want to add BEAM Lite to your Home screen, with the website open in your browser, tap the 3 dots (your browser menu icon), tap “Add to Home screen” and follow the prompts.
Like all websites, the Beam Entertainment website and BEAM Lite are automatically updated, so BEAM Lite doesn’t need to be updated from the App Store or from Google Play.
You may have come across other “Lite” apps e.g. Twitter Lite. here are five of the top advantages in using “Lite” apps.
- They are designed to use less data than traditional apps.
- They are faster in a more data-friendly way.
- They can be used off-line.
- They use a fraction of the space on your phone that traditional apps do.
- They do pretty much everything else that traditional apps do but without the hassles of keeping them up to date.